Friday 2 August 2013

REVIEW : Peugeot 208 XY Nail Wraps

The first thing I do before reading my monthly issues of Elle is flick through the glossy pages to see if there are any freebies. Usually it's just a perfume sample, or a foundation far too dark for my skin tone.. however I was surprised to see that alongside an advert for the new Peugeot 208 XY were some nail wraps. I have never used a nail wrap before so thought I would take this opportunity to review them for you :)

The first thing I noticed when opening these was the horrific smell. I don't even know how to describe it. They just smelt awful. I really loved the colour though, so decided to soldier on and follow the steps given. These involved pre-bufffing the nails and removing my cuticles. The nail wraps were really easy to apply, simply stick them on, cut them down and then file the ends smooth.



Although I love the colour of these I can safely say that I will not be rushing out to purchase them (or the car for that matter). Within 5 minutes the wraps were starting to peel off and go bumpy at the tips. I ended up peeling them all off within an hour. I'm really not sure if this is just something to expect with all nail wraps, or if it was just the quality of the freebie - especially as it was from a car company and not a nail specific one. 
Have you guys ever tried nail wraps? Did I just get a bad experience with a freebie?


5 comments:

  1. Never tried these before but they do look good. However, they remind me of an airbrush french manicure I once had where it was so thin that it chipped and peeled really quickly.

    Lovely new blog :) followed :)

    Give me a follow back if you like mine.

    http://iamlinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I won't be trying an airbrush manicure either then :)
      Thank you! x

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to try these! You make them look very good. I nominated you for a Liebster Award because i like your blog a lot. The questions are on my blog but if you don't want to partake that is okay!

    www.cestunejolievie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same issues with nail wraps too. They always look so nice and then peel off after about five minutes! Lovely blog :)

    http://levinia94.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete