Tuesday 9 July 2013

How I do a daytime bronzed makeup.

Whether it's pre-holiday or post-holiday I love doing a bronzed make-up look over the summer with a gold smokey eye. Keeping the skin quite natural means that my freckles show through and it doesn't look like I am caked in makeup for a day-time look.





B A S E - because I am slightly more tanned from my holiday I mix Bourjois BB Bronzing cream with my Mac Face and Body (c3) and apply it with my hands for a sheer finish. Then I use the bronzing creme as a cream bronzer with a buffing brush over my cheekbones, jawline and temples - buffing the excess down the centre of my face. I really can't make strong blush work for me, so I use Dallas bronzer from Benefit (celebutante palette) on the tops of my cheekbones as it is a more pink toned bronzer. Under my eyes I use Bobbi Brown creamy concealer (cool sand), although it doesn't completely cover my dark circles. 
E Y E S - For my brows I use the MUA brow pencil in brunette on an angled brush so it doesn't look so scousebrow. I ran powersurge pencil by mac over my lids and under my eyes as a base, using a gold from the MUA heaven and earth eyeshadow palette over the top, and a dark brown from the same palette in the crease and slightly under my eye. Both of these colours have shimmer in which is great for this look, and the colours really compliment green eyes. To finish I used No.7 stay perfect mascara which I will be reviewing soon as it is amazing.
L I P S - I can't think of anything worse for a daytime look than a smoky eye and a bold lip, so I just use rose tint vaseline to give my lips a bit of colour.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you have tried this yourselves. Would you prefer to see these tutorials as a video?

No comments:

Post a Comment